Sunday, June 21, 2009

Project 365: Day 79

Ceremonial Winding of the Skein



Folks, I am back in business! After 2.5 hours of assembly, Paul and I created a yarn cabinet. And, to my utter delight, the swift and ball winder work perfectly on it. Because Paul spent 2.5 hours of his life for my benefit, I let him do the ceremonial winding of the first skein in the new house.

Another reason I can be considered back in business as a knitter is that tonight I went over to a knit night at Brianna's house. For the first time in over a month, I spent a solid chunk of time knitting and made significant progress on my February Lady Sweater. Aahhh! It feels nice to knit again. And, the knit night was attended by a group of intelligent and fun women! The plan is to continue knit night as a monthly event. I hope it happens, because I had a great time.

Part of the reason I am able to knit again is that we have accomplished enough of our settling-in-to-do list that I feel I can spare some time to knit. We had an amazingly productive weekend during which we put in two solid days of work on the house. We assembled, we cleaned, we mowed, and we unpacked. We even had our first fire in the fire pit. To fully break it in, we had to burn a box (our way of marking the end of moving, moving, moving) and I had to roast a marshmallow. Weekends are seriously awesome.

1 comment:

  1. After being stressed out from moving and all that "argh!" feeling... you are right... chillin' once you are all moved in feels pretty good! We're all unpacked, cleaned and 'operational' in the house. :) I'm glad you are too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...