Saturday, June 13, 2009

Project 365: Day 71

Decoupage



I spent a fun afternoon today doing decoupage with a group of fun and creative women. My coworker Michele hosted us at her house. Most of the people there covered various sizes and shapes of cans with lids using paper and beads. I opted to cover the dingy plastic light switch and outlet covers from my craft room. I am really excited about how they turned out. It is especially thrilling that I spent less than $4 and now have a new technique to play with. I covered them with photos that I had taken and printed on paper.

Ant update: There are a lot more ants today. I did a little research since reading Mini's comment about keeping them out of the house. From what I read on various websites, I have many chemical options to "treat" them. But, since we haven't seen any in the house and they seem to be moving the other direction, I think I am going to let them be while keeping a close eye on them. Their quantity is really amazing! Check them out (you can click to see a larger photo):


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love your switch plates! What a great way to use some of your interesting photos! Love, Mom
    p.s. Perhaps the ants are swarming to set up a new colony? Do you see eggs being moved?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...