Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Happy Sunday

After many days of errand running and doing things outside of the house, I declared today to be "the day of not going anywhere." It was delightful. I worked hard from 7:30am-12:30pm on my to-do list and then enjoyed a yummy lunch and some visits from friends.

On Friday night, my dad brought over some oyster mushrooms that he foraged in Wisconsin. They spanned in size from what I am used to seeing from oyster mushrooms (small) to portabello sized ones.



My lunch included some sauteed mushrooms over field greens with tomatoes, parmesan and some radishes from my dad's garden. I know I have said this many times before, but it is a seriously awesome benefit to be receiving all of these tasty foods from my dad (and others!). I didn't get to partake of this stuff when I lived multiples states away.



In addition to the great foods today, I also enjoyed a few visitors to the house. Jamie came over and brought some really nice plants for our front steps and then we enjoyed some good catching up time on the back deck. Then, as she was leaving, Sally came over to see the house and gave me a gerber daisy plant and some dark chocolate. I am one spoiled girl! As if that wasn't enough, Paul and I had our first dinner on the deck this evening and shared the bottle of wine that our realtor gave us on closing day.

We are so happy to be in Minneapolis, so grateful that we have such great friends and family near us and still somewhat in disbelief that we were able to buy a house less than a year after moving here. It is nice when life balances out those trying times with great times like today.

1 comment:

  1. hey guys--congrats on the new house! it looks cute :) it seems as though you are settling in nicely, too. we miss you but are so glad you've been able to do everything you want in mn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...