Sunday, June 28, 2009

Project 365: Day 85

June 27, 2009
Glas Wine Tasting




(Lisa, one of the hosts, up front with John talking to others in the background)

My mom, her husband Roger and their neighbors/friends Lisa and Jerry were co-hosts of a wine tasting on Saturday night. The wine tasting was led by John Glas, who came to my mom's house and led us through the process of tasting wine, had us practice wine vocabulary, told us about wine regions of the world and showed us how food and wine can interact in your mouth. It was interesting to taste wine in such a mindful way. Who knew Reislings had could have such an acidic quality? Not me, until I left it in my mouth for a few seconds before swallowing it. Sweet and sour! Who knew wines could smell like cat pee and that could be considered ok by some? Not me, until I smelled the Sauvignon Blanc we were tasting. Yuck! I really enjoyed 4 of the 5 wines we tasted and it was fun to spend time with my mom's crowd. She has a group of neighbors that regularly socialize together. It is a whole different world out there in Maple Grove :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...