Saturday, December 26, 2009

Time to Organize

Project 365: Day 267



We like to buy a lot of things from the bulk section of the co-op so our pantry cupboards have little bags of this and that strewn about. I finally got fed up with digging through messes to find what I need, so I consolidated them all into miscellaneous canning jars. Which led to organizing the whole pantry, which led to putting away Christmas presents, which led to organizing and culling my knitting pattern binders. Sometimes the mood just strikes to put things in order and luckily I had the time to do it today. I also had time to make my first batch of starter from the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day book and start my new knitting project, the Olivine Vest (Ravelry link).

In our past life (in Boston) Paul and I spent our Christmas weekends by relaxing at home and at least one trip to the off-leash dog park. Last year, our first year back in Minneapolis, was chock full of Christmas events. This year we went for a happy balance between our Boston-style Christmas and our family-crazy Christmas, with a blend of family events and time to relax at home. We have one last event tomorrow when we head to my Mom's house and then it is back to work we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...