Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lacy Winged Shawl



I finished something! It has been a while since that has happened. This is the Lacy Winged Shawl pattern from the Knitting Pattern A Day 2007 calendar. I didn't follow the directions for the weight of yarn that pattern was written for...DK, I think. I used Malabrigo Lace yarn instead. It is a lace weight, single ply, buttery soft Merino yarn. The edging is knit out of a mystery yarn that I received in my goodie bag from the MetroWest Knitting Guild's retreat last winter.




Changing the weight of the yarn yielded a much smaller shawl. The center line of this shawl measures 18 inches. I could have made it longer, but after using the entire skein of Malabrigo, I was ready to work that edging and call it done.



The end result is very delicate and a bit frilly for my taste. I do think I will wear it when I am feeling a tinge of the extra girly/extra grandmotherly. because I really like the color and it is amazingly lightweight.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's beautiful! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's fun to see that what you worked on at our apartment just a few days ago is completed. neat! love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...