Thursday, October 23, 2008

Some Nice Things

In this time of poopy economics and high rates of unemployment, I am trying not to let it get me down. I am spending very little, but still meeting my needs. I am not eating out, but I am still eating well. I am not buying yarn, but I still have plenty of it to knit.

Things for us are not dire, by any means, but it is a frustrating process to look for jobs at any point. And, it is especially frustrating when I know there are so many other qualified, hard working people out there competing with me for the same few jobs that are available. I am a bit bummed because I was really close to getting an offer that I was excited about and it didn't happen. I am going to take the day to survey the job scene, spend some time with Paul and the pets, focus on the positives and then get back to applying for stuff again tomorrow.

Here are some nice things I think about to keep a healthy perspective...


The beauty of the season.


The bounty of food we have available to us, much of which is connected to people we love.
The breakfast shown here consisted of bread baked my grandma, raspberries grown by my dad and picked by Paul and I, and cheese bought straight from the source.


The ability to keep a sense of humor. Inappropriate wedding joke brought to you by Paul.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sorry to hear you didn't get that job. i think paul making the wedding joke tops it and your food looks so beautiful. you are beautiful, too, and something will happen soon. i just know it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...