Saturday, October 18, 2008

Knock-Around Sweater

The projects I have been working on lately are all big and time consuming. I don't tend to like posting about projects as I am working on them, as I imagine most of those posts being rather uninteresting, i.e. "I am working on this thing. It is 3 inches longer. See." Unless there is some reason to post, I mostly keep it to myself until it is finished. Since most of the things I have been working on lately fit into that category, there hasn't been much knitting to post about.

I am not finished with Paul's sweater, but I think it is goofy enough that it deserves a post at this stage. Here is what it looks like right now:



This Unisex Knock-Around Cashmere Pullover from Weekend Knitting is knit mostly flat, seamed and then a few extra parts are added. This photo doesn't really convey the scale of this thing. The hole in the middle is the neck of the sweater. The longest parts are the arms and the flaps on either side are the front and back. All four sides will have more pieces added to them after I do some seaming.



The sweater is reversible. Here is what the inside shoulder shaping looks like.



Paul and I had some heated debates about how to make this sweater fit him. He has long arms and a narrow torso, so the pattern needed to be adjusted. He finally agreed to my solution. Stay tuned for the F.O. post and the wearability verdict from Paul.

1 comment:

  1. I don't get it. I think I need to see him wearing it to understand completely how it works. Wait, or maybe it's not done yet and that would make a lot more sense.

    Remember: I don't knit, this is all a mystery to me...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...