Friday, October 31, 2008

October Recipes

October was a good month for new recipes! I'm two months shy of achieving my year long resolution and I am still loving it!

Creamy Potato Cabbage Soup
from Moosewood Daily Specials cookbook
We loved this soup! Loved it! It ain't real pretty but it tasted phenomenal.

Garlicky Oven Fries
from Vegetarian Times May 2008
This got too crispy. They were somewhere between fries and chips, but not in a good way. I wouldn't fault the recipe as I am still not used to our electric oven and it was probably my fault.

Cranberry Apple Butter from The Flying Biscuit Cafe Cookbook
I made this recipe once with Jamie and Charleen and once more by myself. The time by myself was my first solo canning experience. The canning part was no problem, but I did have a hard time getting the apples to break down so the whole venture ended up lasting over 7 hours! I would call this a "sauce" not apple butter, but that is good because I like the chunks. I think the length of cooking time turned my batch a deeper shade of red. The team effort is on the left and mine is on the right.

Superfast Mac 'n Cheese from Entertaining for a Veggie Planet

Buddha's Happy Belly of Curried Lentils, Cauliflower and Tomatoes
from Vegetarian Times Nov/Dec 2008 -Reader Recipe
This was really easy to make and I didn't even need to do any special shopping for it. When I came across the recipe, I already had all the ingredients at home. Paul and I both gives this recipe a thumbs up.


Swiss Chard and Red Pepper Gratin from the New York Times
Paul and I made this recipe together. When we sat down to eat it, he had one bite and then said something to the effect of, "It kinda sucks when you put that much work into making something that tastes so boring." We did get an amazing chunk of gruyere from the Wedge for this recipe and it seems that we probably would have been happier just eating the cheese and bread! It wasn't bad, it just wasn't that flavorful.

Iced Pumpkin Cookies
These are more like pumpkin bread than cookies but they are still tasty.

1 comment:

  1. If there are any pumpkin cookies left, will you bring me one for thrifting fuel tomorry?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...