Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I'm hoping to finish seaming up this silliness, block it and have some F.O. shots by the end of the weekend. I was hoping to finish it on Sunday, the first day of snow, but it has been a challenge to get all of the lines to match up nicely. On Saturday, I seamed up the side and then took one look at the wonky, mismatched lines before totally ripping it back out. The seaming instructions are like none I have ever followed before. I am picking up and knitting all along both sides and then grafting them together. That is a whole lotta grafting and a really big pain to rip out! After getting back to where I started on Saturday, it needed to stay in timeout on Sunday. I've been chipping at it with a different strategy since then and so far things are lining up properly. At this point, Paul thinks I have just made him a really strange poncho.
Posted by Trinity at 7:18 PM