Monday, November 24, 2008

Ax-man



Over the weekend I went shopping for supplies for some Christmas gifts that I am making. I found myself at Ax-man, which is the most random and witty store I've ever set foot in. Need doll heads? Gas masks? Petri dishes? Shipping materials? Stickers? Electrical supplies? Communist game pieces?



Ax-man has them all! When I call it witty, I am referring to the signs. Someone goes through great effort to make a sign for each and every random surplus item in the store. I didn't take too many pictures because it is really best experienced in person.

5 comments:

  1. I would love to take a trip here over New Years! I've heard so much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Communist game pieces?! What am I missing? How can game pieces be communist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth - It's a date! I think you'll love it.

    Anonymous - The only thing communist about them is that they are red. Some of the signs are jokingly inaccurate. That is part of the charm for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ax-man, I've been going there for years. The fun part is trying to figure out what to do with all the odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...