Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wedding Quilt

There are a few knitters in my lineage, but my family is much more concentrated in the area of quilting. Both of my grandmothers are quilters and so is my Aunt Rita. For our wedding Paul and I got two amazing quilts. Today, I'd like to show you some shots of the batik sampler quilt that my Aunt Rita made and very generously gave to us. It goes really well with the funky color combinations we have going on in our bedroom but the light is so poor in that room that I had to drape it over the couch to get some decent light.


every square in this quilt is different


i like the purple square a lot


the border


a little, subtle heart in the stitching



I have never made a quilt, so I don't have first hand experience with the time consuming labor that must go into it, but I know enough to know that this baby took hours upon hours to create. I am grateful to have such a labor of love that is both beautiful and functional. Thanks Rita!

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. The little bit of quilting that I attempted in high school kind of put me over the edge with how tedious and time-consuming it was. This truly is a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astonishing. It's an heirloom already.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...